Saturday 18 October 2008

The reason I'm here

Many people asked me what am I doing here. So, this is the answer. I am undergoing a program called International Associate Program(IAP). This program started in 1989 when the Japanese built several factories in Ireland. Initially, this program is called Overseas Graduate Program. The objective is to allow the Irish trainees to get the chance to experience Japanese way of working and adapt it in Alps Ireland and to promote internal internationalization. In year 2005, this program has expanded to other countries and is called IAP. Currently there are 7 countries joining this program.
  • France
  • Sweden
  • United Kingdom
  • Germany
  • Czech Republic
  • United States
  • and this year, Malaysia
Until 2006, there are total of 76 members who have joined this program. 12 ended the training by going back to their country. 25 members are employed here. And the rest did not finish the program. The current record holder is from Germany where the member came for 3 days only and went back to his country.

One of the frequently asked question how long am I bonded after my 2 years training? The answer is, I am not bonded after my 2 years training here.

There is a small article about this program at the end of this page
http://www.alps.com/e/csr/individual/indi_work.html

No comments: