Saturday 25 October 2008

A night in Shibuya

This week, I went to Shibuya with my friends. Shibuya is one of the Tokyo's most colourful and busy districs and birthplace to many of Japan's fasion and entertainment trends. Most of the areas here are large department and fasion stores.

At night, Shibuya turns into one of the major nightlift stages where young people gather here for alcohols and dances.

Almost every streets is crowded with people.

Upon arrival, we went to a pub for some beers.

Even the pub is sandwiched with people.

These are my friends from Ireland. (From right)Damien, Seamus and Kendrick.

Then, we went to Pure Shibuya club for a nomihodai. Nomihodai is usually practised when there are new comers in a company. It is a all-you-can-drink event, purposely to get the new comers drunk. It is also another way for the Japanese to reject tasks or to close deals. They talk when they are drunk. Amazingly, they can remember what you say even when they are drunk.

At around 4am, I couldn't drink anymore and I left that place. I found many falled heroes on the streets. Unable to control myself, I snapped the photos of the fallen heroes.
The 1st-runner up goes to....

Ladies and gentlemen, The Champion of the Day!

This style is way too dangerous for the upcoming vehicles. No choice, someone has to do something.

There, isn't it safer now. The Champion of the Day.

We left Shibuya at around 10am and this is the morning of Shibuya.


Good morning Shibuya~! Goodbye~!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah, the atmosphere there like new year eve, crowded everywhere. Ken, ppl wear T-shirt only, apasal u baju berlapis-lapis. Char sui~

"Oops, i forgot my password. Haha. And post my comment salah tempat tim. Nowadays I always make mistakes :-("

|̲̅k̲̅έ̲̅Ň̲̅đ̲̅®̲̅ϊ̲̅č̲̅κ̲̅| said...

Sejuk ma, it's 10-14 degress celcius ler, and it is colder in Ireland. Malaysia 25-32 throughout the year. Sure berlapis lapis ler

Unknown said...

tak sangka uncle ken ada blog sial!

omg! i tot u're the retro type, dude!

wakakakkakakaa..

done with the usik-ing d, so how's jap and your pet usagi?any good?

-weEp-